A tuna sandwich can be a simple yet protein-packed meal. Here, I’ve fancied it up a bit with a caper and tarragon mayonnaise. The capers give a nice acidic, almost lemony, taste. An ever-so-small amount of cayenne pepper just gives a hint of a kick. And the ripe tomatoes…they really make the sandwich. Sweet and juicy.
Caution: Tuna can be high in mercury.
Check out Wild Planet Wild Albacore Tuna with “minimal mercury.”
- 1 can of tuna
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons capers in vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- dash of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- sliced tomatoes and pickles
- bread of choice
- Combine mayonnaise, capers, mustard, tarragon, cayenne, and salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Mix tuna with mayonnaise and assemble.