Interested in eating more vegetables? Start with stir fries. You can throw in whatever you have on hand as well as customizing the protein. Here, I use tofu, but tempeh or meat would be great, too.
- Fresh Chinese noodles
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 block extra-firm tofu (7 oz), sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 carrot, sliced at an angle
- 1 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 bunch bok choy, roughly chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger or jarred ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons asian hot sauce
- Deep fry or shallow fry tofu until crispy on the outside.
- Boil noodles just until al dente. Drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok until very hot.
- Cook each kind of vegetable separately, removing when cooked but crispy. Add more oil as needed.
- Lower heat and prepare sauce by adding garlic and ginger to wok, cooking for 1 minute. Add soy sauce and hot sauce.
- Add noodles, vegetables, and tofu to sauce. Stir and cook until noodles absorb some of the sauce and everything has combined.